Strait Area Campus
Welcoming you to Cape Breton Island, one of the most beautiful islands in Canada, is the close-knit community of Strait Area Campus.
The campus offers a range of programs, both on-site and in Wagmatcook First Nations, at the Wagmatcook Learning Centre.
As home to NSCC's Nautical Institute – which provides Transport Canada-approved marine training – you'll notice a distinct seafaring vibe at this campus. There are many unique marine training facilities, such as a wave pool, lifeboats, simulators and a fire school.
Other highlights include Strait Area Campus housing, outdoor spaces and trails, Mawio'mi Place, a wellness centre and cultural celebrations throughout the year.
- Campus housing
- Nautical Institute
- On-site academic, career and personal counselling supports
- Library services and computer labs
- Full-service cafeteria
- Fitness room, intramural sports and recreation
- Ocean Innovation Centre and nautical training infrastructure
- Mawio’mi Place (presentation theatre and cultural space)
- Student Association events and activities
- Summer conference rentals and housing
Explore Strait Area Campus
Book a tour
Stop by the campus and explore our unique learning environment.
View photo gallery
Check out some photos and get a feel for the student experience.
Test drive a program
Before committing to a program, see what it's like.
We offer a range of supports and services to help you succeed.
Request official transcripts, confirmation of enrolment letters or replacement diplomas.