Funding for hiring students and graduates
There are a number of funding opportunities available to employers interested in hiring students and graduates.
- Co-op Education Incentive - provides wage assistance to Nova Scotia organizations to offer career-related work experiences to co-op students.
- Energy Training Program - provides a hiring incentive to local businesses who help postsecondary students and recent graduates get work experience in the energy sector.
- Graduate to Opportunity (GTO) - provides salary contributions to employers to offset the cost of hiring a recent graduate.
- Summer Student Skill Incentive (SKILL) - provides wage assistance to non-profit organizations to create career-related summer jobs for students.
- Canada Summer Jobs - provides wage subsidies to create quality summer work for youth.
- Clean Foundation - offers funding to hire youth in the rapidly growing clean economy.
- CiCan Career Launcher Internships - provides subsidies toward a student's or graduate's salary.
- Digital Skills for Youth Program - provides funding to small, medium-sized, and non-profit employers for post-graduate internships relating to the digital economy.
- MITACS Project funding - provides 50% of the costs to hire a student on an innovative project.
- Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) - provides a variety of wage subsidies to help provide work placements for students.
Research and development funding
For information on funding specific to research and development, contact NSCC Applied Research.
Tell us your needs and we’ll help you find a student. Email .