Benefits and perks
As an NSCC employee, you have access to many perks and benefits — from competitive compensation to a workplace culture that supports your growth and development.
"The teams I work with are amazing, caring and kind. They are as passionate about working and serving students as I am, including leveraging equity and inclusion, which is so important to accessibility and success.""I have never worked for or with a group of people who exhibit such an interest in what they are doing, what they are delivering and how they support our learners. We also have a lot of fun in the process.""NSCC culture is one of respect for all. It is a culture of inclusion. I have worked and travelled around the world, but NSCC is the place where I love to come to work every day.""NSCC has a culture of community as well as the drive to always be improving. There is always more to learn and opportunity to grow, and I feel that I am encouraged to be part of that growth.""We really are a community. The College creates opportunities for employees to get to know one another across campuses. I appreciate the fact that I can reach out to my colleagues at any campus if I need help."
- Competitive salaries.
- Comprehensive benefit plan that includes health, dental, vision, paramedical, life insurance and more.
- Employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and other wellness and mental health supports.
- A defined pension plan.
- Option to make RRSP contributions using payroll deduction.
- Preferred provider discounts such as home and auto as well as discounts as Lawton’s locations.
- Campuses with athletic facilities, ample parking, daycares, cafeterias and accessible workplaces.
- A FlexWork Policy offering a range of flexible working options depending on your role.
- Generous vacation entitlements, including paid time off between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Various leaves, including illness or injury, long-term disability, time off for life events such as bereavement, family illness and more.
- Tuition waiver for eligible employees and immediate family taking NSCC courses.
- Professional development workshops and other learning opportunities for all employees.
- Free organizational learning to support and continue to grow your teaching skills:
- An Adult Education Foundations (certificate) program to hone your teaching and student support skills (required for new Faculty and Professional Support employees).
- Ongoing workshops and one-on-one support as well as peer collaboration through a Teaching Commons (for Faculty).