Benefits and perks
As an NSCC employee, you have access to many perks and benefits — from competitive compensation to a workplace culture that supports your growth and development.
"The teams I work with are amazing, caring and kind. They are as passionate about working and serving students as I am, including leveraging equity and inclusion, which is so important to accessibility and success.""I have never worked for or with a group of people who exhibit such an interest in what they are doing, what they are delivering and how they support our learners. We also have a lot of fun in the process.""NSCC culture is one of respect for all. It is a culture of inclusion. I have worked and travelled around the world, but NSCC is the place where I love to come to work every day.""NSCC has a culture of community as well as the drive to always be improving. There is always more to learn and opportunity to grow, and I feel that I am encouraged to be part of that growth.""We really are a community. The College creates opportunities for employees to get to know one another across campuses. I appreciate the fact that I can reach out to my colleagues at any campus if I need help."
- Competitive salaries.
- Comprehensive benefit plan and employee and family assistance program (EFAP).
- A defined pension plan.
- A FlexWork Policy offering a range of flexible working options depending on your role.
- Generous vacation entitlements, including paid time off between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Various leaves, including paid service-learning days to give back to your community.
- Campuses with athletic facilities, ample parking, daycares, cafeterias and accessible workplaces.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Tuition waiver for eligible employees and immediate family taking NSCC courses.
- Free organizational learning:
- An Adult Education Foundations program to hone your teaching and student support skills.
- Operational Excellence and Leadership Certificate programs for current or aspiring leaders.