Awards for current students and confirmed applicants
Awards for students entering or returning to programs in the 2024/2025 academic year open for application on March 21, 2024 (tentative).
Current students and those who have a confirmed seat in a program can apply for student awards through our Student Awards Portal.
How to apply for awards
- Our awards system matches you to awards opportunities based on information you provided on your admissions application (e.g., program, campus, address).
- Once you've logged into the Student Awards Portal using your NSCC username and password, you'll be prompted to complete the General Application. Not all sections are mandatory; however, it's in your best interest to complete as many as you can to maximize the number of awards matched to you.
Auto-matched awards: Based on the completion of the General Application, you'll be automatically considered for any award that doesn't require the submission of additional application elements (e.g. essays or references).
Apply-to awards: If you wish to pursue more awards, review your Recommended Opportunities. If you meet the eligibility criteria stated in the recommended award postings, click the apply button to start your application. We strongly encourage you to apply for as many opportunities as you are eligible to maximize your chances of being selected.
Confirmed applicants who are facing financial challenges are also encouraged to check out The Sobey Award Program.
We communicate with you through the Student Awards Portal. Log in weekly to:
- See if you've been selected to receive an award (award offers expire within 10 days and must be accepted through the Student Awards Portal)
- Check for any notifications or application updates
- Find out if any action is required for your existing applications
- View and apply for new award opportunities for which you might be eligible
Students will receive notifications via email when selected for awards opportunities. Students must act on student award offers in the portal. Award offers expire within 10 days, so it is vital to check back often to make sure you don’t miss out.
For Spring award recipients, the award is split in two instalments with a portion going towards your Fall tuition and fees and the other portion towards your Winter tuition and fees (as long as you maintain eligibility and are in good academic standing). Fall award recipients will receive the full award value for Winter tuition and fees.