Employer incentive program (GradWorks)
Employers receive salary support by hiring skilled NSCC graduates as part of GradWorks, our employer incentive program. Participating in GradWorks offers benefits to both employers and NSCC grads. GradWorks matches small-to-medium sized businesses across Nova Scotia with NSCC graduates from the following programs:
- Human Resource Management (Advanced Diploma)
- Industrial Engineering Technology (Diploma)
- Occupational Health and Safety (Certificate)
- Programs with advanced manufacturing training (special approvals needed)
- Advanced manufacturing is the development and adoption of innovative technologies to create new products, enhance processes, and establish more efficient and cost-effective ways of working. All parts of the value chain are considered – from research and design, to production, and distribution – enabling new value-added models and optimizing production (Government of Canada, 2022).
By participating in GradWorks you:
- Receive up to 66 per cent salary support – to a maximum of $30,360 – when you hire a qualified NSCC graduate for up to a one-year period
- Build capacity in your company to support productivity and profitability
Employers in most business sectors are eligible to participate in our GradWorks program with a preference given to business-to-business organizations focused on export and innovation.
- Businesses that are NOT eligible to participate include:
- Real estate
- Government services
- Services of a personal or social nature
- Businesses that have received funding through a similar ACOA-supported program in the past may not be eligible
Apply as an employer
Step 1 - Fill out an application
- GradWorks is now accepting applications (PDF 64KB) for potential employers.
Step 2 - Review the participant guide
- Read our Participant Guide for Employers (PDF 389KB) for any questions about GradWorks.
Information for graduates
- Information for graduates hoping to participate can be found in the student and graduate employment section of our site.
- Contact us at for any questions about GradWorks.
GradWorks is funded by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and managed by NSCC.