NSCC Accessibility Advisory Committee
Our Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) plays a pivotal role in helping NSCC become more accessible and inclusive while improving the educational environment for people with disabilities.
- Advising on the preparation, implementation and effectiveness of NSCC’s accessibility plan in accordance with Nova Scotia’s Accessibility Act.
- Identifying and advising on the accessibility of existing and proposed NSCC policies, programs, practices and services, and supporting consultation with stakeholders on accessibility issues across our organization.
- Reviewing relevant information and requests from staff, students and other stakeholders to inform accessibility planning.
- Monitoring compliance with government accessibility directives and regulations.
With the goal of creating a barrier-free College, the AAC consists of eight volunteer members from across the province. To ensure the planning process is fully informed by first voice experience and expertise, membership is comprised of people with disabilities.
- Gendy Blackman (student representative), Institute of Technology Campus
- Pamela Capern, Kingstec Campus
- Tammy Harrison, Persons with Disabilities Employee Resource Network
- Charlie Harvey (alumni representative), Cumberland Campus
- Melissa Mixer, Central Warehouse
- Jill Provoe (ex-officio member), Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
- Paul Street, Institute of Technology Campus
- Kara Thompson, Marconi Campus
- Donna White, Marconi Campus
- Jacob Woods, Ivany Campus
If you have questions about NSCC’s Accessibility Advisory Committee, contact , Executive Director, Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion.