Skip to main content Skip to site utility navigation Skip to main site navigation Skip to site search Skip to footer

Financial aid

In addition to exploring student awards, scholarships, and bursaries, you can seek funding from government, financial institutions and community organizations.

Student loans

You may be eligible for financial assistance through the Canada Student Loans and Nova Scotia Student Loans programs. You only need to submit one application, and you'll automatically be assessed for provincial and federal grants that don't need to be repaid. Learn more about student assistance.

Student line of credit

If you don't qualify for a government loan, or you require further funding, many private institutions and banks offer low-interest student lines of credit. A line of credit gives you access to an agreed-upon amount of money, which can be withdrawn as needed. Interest is paid only on the money you withdraw.

Accessibility supports

If you're a student with a disability and need access to disability-related equipment or supports, our Accessibility Services team can help you identify funding opportunities. Lean more about NSCC Accessibility Services.

Skilled immigrant financing

Windmill Microlending supports skilled immigrants in pursuing careers in Canada. To help cover costs of tuition, books, accreditation and most other costs associated with professional licensing, the organization provides microloans up to $15,000. Learn more about Windmill Microlending.

Back to top