Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS)
The Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS), one of two locations that make up our Annapolis Valley Campus, is Canada's largest geomatics-focused learning environment. COGS programs prepare you to start or continue your career in the global geomatics sector.
At COGS, you'll meet students from around the world learning about surveying and mapping land and the ocean floor. You can also enjoy the convenience of campus housing at COGS.
Why study at COGS?
- COGS has an international reputation for offering top-notch education in the fields of surveying, geographic information systems (GIS), land-use planning, remote sensing and mapping.
- COGS is an Esri Canada GIS Centre of Excellence, helping to foster education, collaboration and innovation among GIS researchers across the country.
- Our instructors have strong industry connections.
- Small class sizes provide you with lots of one-on-one interaction and hands-on field experience.
Cutting-edge technology and work experience
- You learn the theory and practical aspects of your program through state-of-the-art equipment, labs and fieldwork.
- Most programs include work experience or the option to complete a co-op (at least 12 weeks of paid employment) as part of your course credit.
View careers in geomatics with COGS.
COGS students also have access to the main Annapolis Valley Campus in Middleton.
- Campus housing
- On-site academic, career and personal counselling supports
- Library services and computer labs
- Full-service cafeteria
- Intramural sports and recreation
- Solar Farm
- Innovation Centre
- Student Association events and activities
- Summer conference rentals and housing
Student Services: 902-825-2930
Book a tour
Stop by the campus and explore our unique learning environment.
View photo gallery
Check out some photos and get a feel for the student experience.
Test drive a program
Before committing to a program, see what it's like.
We offer a range of supports and services to help you succeed.
Request official transcripts, confirmation of enrolment letters or replacement diplomas.