Medical Laboratory Technology - competitive entry process
The Medical Laboratory Technology program has a competitive entry process, which means applicants are scored based on weighted criteria.
The deadline to submit a completed application is May 1, 2024 for a fall 2024 intake.
Admission requirements for the Medical Laboratory Technology program are:
- High School Graduation Diploma or equivalent, including:
- A minimum mark of 70% in Grade 12 Academic Biology, English and Math.
- A minimum mark of 80% in Grade 12 Academic Chemistry.
- Completed CASPer© assessment.
Applicants will be scored using a rubric with the following criteria:
- Academic marks.
- CASPer© score.
- Post-secondary program/course credentials.
- Representational equity.
|Competitive ranking criteria||Maximum potential score||Criteria components by category||Individual criteria weight||Category score|
|Academic marks||45%||• Chemistry 12
• Biology 12
• Math 12
• English 12
Your highest grade achieved in each of the above or in any equivalent courses.
|Post-secondary (not including marks used to meet high school course requirements)||15%||• Approved science or health degree
• Approved science or health diploma, or 2 full years of an approved science or health degree
• 1 full year of approved science or health degree/ diploma
|Representational equity||10%||• Self-declared Aboriginal/ Indigenous and/or historically Indigenous Black/ African Nova Scotian||10||/10|