Introduction to Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Gain a foundational knowledge on solar photovoltaic (PV) technology and systems.
This course is part of a training initiative to provide workers with new skills needed to support a clean economy. It is fully funded by Canadian Colleges for a Resilient Recovery (C2R2) (PDF 207KB).
Learn the science behind how the sun’s energy is converted into electricity, the theory behind solar PV system operation and the characteristics of different solar PV systems, components, and equipment. In this 2-day course, you learn about:
- The fundamental science behind how solar PV systems convert the sun’s energy into electricity.
- How fundamental concepts of electricity relate to solar PV system design and performance.
- Solar PV panel and system operation according to solar PV generation principles.
- The characteristics and applications of types of solar PV components and equipment.
|Locations and dates||Length||Delivery||Cost||Availability|
|Kingstec Campus - Dec 4 - Dec 5||15 hours / 2 days||In-person||$0||Waitlisted|
|Truro Campus - Dec 4 - Dec 5||15 hours / 2 days||In-person||$0||Waitlisted|
|Kingstec Campus - Jan 8 - Jan 9||15 hours / 2 days||In-person||$0||Waitlisted|
|Truro Campus - Feb 5 - Feb 6||15 hours / 2 days||In-person||$0||Waitlisted|
|Truro Campus - Feb 7 - Feb 8||15 hours / 2 days||In-person||$0||Seats available|
You must complete this course to be eligible to take the other solar microcredentials:
- Introduction to Solar Photovoltaic Systems Design Course
- Solar Photovoltaic System Installation and Fall Arrest Course
- Solar Photovoltaic Troubleshooting and Maintenance Course
- Solar Photovoltaic System Grid Interconnection Course
Our student supports and services will help you get the most out of your experiences while learning with us. We have support staff to guide you.
In addition to the program being fully funded, there are student support funds available including urgent aid and disability support funds.