Introduction to Solar Photovoltaic Systems Design
Gain the skills required to design solar photovoltaic (PV) systems for clients.
This course is part of a training initiative to provide workers with new skills needed to support a clean economy. It is fully funded by Canadian Colleges for a Resilient Recovery (C2R2) (PDF 207KB).
Learn how to conduct site assessments, calculate system requirements and select appropriate PV system components and equipment for a property. In this 3-day course, you learn how to:
- Describe the design and performance features of various types of photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Use modeling software to identify system size/performance potential of a property.
- Read and interpret manufacturers' data sheets, manuals, warranty specifications to identify design solutions.
- Conduct a site assessment to verify viability of system designs.
|Locations and dates||Length||Delivery||Cost||Availability|
|Kingstec Campus - Jan 10 to Jan 12||20 hours / 3 days||In-person||$0||Waitlisted|
Our student supports and services will help you get the most out of your experiences while learning with us. We have support staff to guide you.
In addition to the program being fully funded, there are student support funds available including urgent aid and disability support funds.
- You must complete Introduction to Solar PV prior to beginning this course.
- Completion of Introduction to the NS OH&S Act is a mandatory pre-requisite for enrolling in this course.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have been granted refugee status in Canada ages 18+.