Solar Photovoltaic System Grid Interconnection
Gain the skills required to connect grid-tied solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
This course is part of a training initiative to provide workers with new skills needed to support a clean economy. It is fully funded by Canadian Colleges for a Resilient Recovery (C2R2) (PDF 207KB).
If you are designated as a Level 3 Electrical Apprentice or Red Seal Electrician, take this course to learn how to connect grid-tied solar PV systems. You learn to use modeling software to determine system production capability and become comfortable with the regulations and codes required for utility interactive and utility interactive hybrid solar PV systems. During this 5-day course, you learn to:
- Produce system design paperwork and administration required for a formal plans review.
- Demonstrate safe working practices related to electrical interconnection.
- Describe associated regulations and electrical code for utility interactive (grid-tied) and utility interactive hybrid solar PV systems.
- Perform the interconnection of utility interactive (grid-tied) solar PV systems.
|Locations and dates||Length||Delivery||Cost||Availability|
|Truro Campus - Mar 18 to Mar 22||35 hours / 5 days||In-person||$0||Seats available|
Our student supports and services will help you get the most out of your experiences while learning with us. We have support staff to guide you.
In addition to the program being fully funded, there are student support funds available including urgent aid and disability support funds.
- You must be at least a Level 3 Electrical Apprentice or Red Seal Electrician.
- You must complete Introduction to Solar PV prior to beginning this course.
- Completion of Introduction to the NS OH&S Act and Introduction to WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems) are mandatory pre-requisites for enrolling in this course.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have been granted refugee status in Canada ages 18+.