Construction Estimating, Contracts and Project Management
Learn to work effectively as part of a team managing construction projects.
This program is part of a training initiative to provide workers with new skills needed to support a clean economy. It is fully funded by Canadian Colleges for a Resilient Recovery (C2R2).
How it works
- This program includes 3 courses that can be taken individually based on the skills that you need.
- These courses can be taken in any combination.
- Each course offers several delivery options for you to choose from.
- Learners who complete all 3 courses will receive a Certificate of Completion in Construction Estimating, Contracts and Project Management.
- Completion of all 3 courses is 90 hours of instruction in total.
Learn how to estimate, contract and manage projects in the construction industry. Acquire knowledge on the principles and practices used for project coordination so that you can work effectively and equitably as part of a team managing construction projects. Gain an understanding of how national, provincial and municipal regulations affect the construction industry as a whole. As part of each course, you will gain an understanding of the environmental impacts associated with building materials and construction practices in addition to methods for reducing embodied carbon and carbon emissions.
Construction estimators and project coordinators are highly in demand within the rapidly growing construction industry. You can complete individual courses or choose to complete all 3 to receive a Certificate of Completion in Construction Estimating, Contracts and Project Management.
Explore courses and apply
- Introduction to Construction Management – 4 offerings (select 1 when you apply)
- Introduction to Construction Estimating – 6 offerings (select 1 when you apply)
- Introduction to Construction Contracts and Regulations – 2 offerings (select 1 when you apply)
The courses included in the Construction Estimating, Contracts or Project Management program have been designed for people who already have experience in the construction sector and are looking to gain new skills.
Recommended prerequisites are included to support your success, as the courses will be taught with the understanding that students have a base level of knowledge of the construction sector. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the recommended pre-requisites outlined below.
For student success, it is recommended that applicants have:
- Three to five years of experience in the construction sector; or
- Red Seal in construction-related field; or
- Certificate or diploma in a recognized, construction-related program.
View the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency (NSAA) list of trades by sector (PDF 192KB)
- Applicants must meet the English language requirement
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents ages 18+.
Our student supports and services will help you get the most out of your experiences while learning with us. We have support staff to guide you.