Introduction to Construction Contracts and Regulations
This free course gives you an overview of the legal and regulatory framework governing construction projects.
This course is part of a training initiative to provide workers with new skills needed to support a clean economy. It is fully funded by Canadian Colleges for a Resilient Recovery (C2R2).
|Locations and dates||Length||Delivery||Cost||Availability|
|Online - December 4, 2023 to January 6, 2024 (Tues. and Thurs. evenings)||24 hours||Synchronous online||$0||Waitlist|
|Marconi Campus - March 11 to March 31, 2024 (online Tues. and Thurs. evenings; in person Mar. 29 and 30)||24 hours||Blended||$0||Waitlist|
The courses included in the Construction Estimating, Contracts or Project Management program have been designed for people who already have experience in the construction sector and are looking to gain new skills.
Recommended prerequisites are included to support your success, as the courses will be taught with the understanding that students have a base level of knowledge of the construction sector. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the recommended pre-requisites outlined below.
For student success, it is recommended that applicants have:
- Three to five years of experience in the construction sector; or
- Red Seal in construction-related field; or
- Certificate or diploma in a recognized, construction-related program.
View the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency (NSAA) list of trades by sector (PDF 192KB)
- Applicants must meet the English language requirement
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents ages 18+.
Introduction to Construction Estimating is designed to help you develop and upgrade your skills and knowledge in the construction industry.
You learn to:
- Describe the principles of contract laws.
- Administer relevant Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) documents.
- Describe sustainable practices in construction contracting.
Receive a Certificate of Completion in Construction Estimating, Contracts and Project Management when you complete 2 more free courses: