Advisors are an important source of support and advice from the time you apply until you graduate.
We help you:
- Understand the requirements of your program and relevant policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Set clear, realistic and achievable goals in line with your education and career interests.
- Identify strategies and resources to help you develop learning and professional skills.
- Access learning supports, academic accommodations and programs (e.g. tutoring).
- Problem-solve life and school situations that may be impacting your learning.
- Get involved in student life activities to build valuable employment and leadership skills.
- Make informed plans about paying for school and identify possible sources of funding.
Your advising team
Your personal advising team will reach out to you not long after enrolment. They are assigned to you based on your campus and program and include the following:
- Student services advisor
- Faculty advisor
- Academic chair
Additional advising supports are available so please reach out should you wish to connect:
- African Canadian advisors and supports
- Indigenous advisors and supports
- International advisors and supports
Current students can access their advisor information on our intranet (login required).