Indigenous student supports
Study and career supports
Our Indigenous supports are a resource for students of First Nation, Metis and Inuit descent. They can answer your questions and help you find the information, culturally specific supports and academic supports you need to succeed.
Your advisor can:
- Offer career exploration
- Help you with your NSCC application process
- Connect you with funding opportunities (e.g., emergency financial supports and tutoring)
- Offer guidance around applying for NSCC awards available for Indigenous students
- Introduce you to learning supports (e.g., tutoring) and other student services
- Connect you with other Indigenous learners
- Work with your campus community to offer Indigenous perspectives and approaches
- Indigenous student gatherings and organize cultural events
Awards for Indigenous students
We offer more than 1,000 scholarships, bursaries and awards that add up to over $2 million in student support each year. Funded by donors, partners and sponsors through NSCC Foundation, awards are granted based on a range of criteria: financial need, leadership, volunteer experience and career interests.
Mi'kmaq and Indigenous learning
Reach out to your Indigenous supports advisor:
Burridge Campus, Lunenburg Campus, Pictou Campus and Shelburne Campus
Strait Area Campus
Akerley Campus and Institute of Technology Campus
Annapolis Valley, eCampus, Marconi and Cumberland Campuses
If there is no resource listed for your campus, please contact Stacey Burgess, Director of Student and Career Services, .
Indigenous Community and Cultural Liaison