Financial awards for Mi'kmaq and Indigenous students
Date: Oct. 03, 2023
Through the generosity of our donors and partners, NSCC offers more than $3 million in student awards, scholarships and bursaries each year to help with cost of living expenses, tuition, books and College fees. Some awards are specific to communities (such as Mi'kmaq and Indigenous students), campuses and programs, and/or year of study. Many are open to both new and returning students.
How to find awards and apply
- Current students and confirmed applicants can apply through our student awards portal.
- To be matched with awards, applicants must complete the general application.
- Apply just once through the portal to be matched with all the awards you’re eligible for. The more details you include in the portal's general application, the more accurate the matching process will be.
- Award cycles (these are what we call the timeframes you can apply for the awards you’ve been matched with) take place in spring and fall, but it's totally okay to submit a general application outside of these cycles. The awards you’re eligible for will be put in your cart (so to speak) for you to apply for individually once the cycles open. Learn more about NSCC award cycles.
- Prospective students can apply for a select number of awards before applying to NSCC.
Awards, scholarships and bursaries
There are 5 dedicated awards, scholarships and bursaries available for Mi'kmaq and Indigenous students. Click on each award in the list below to learn more – please note that the application deadline for the fall cycle is October 19, 2023. More awards will become available in spring 2024.
Note that the awards in this list may have additional eligibility criteria such as program, academic load and/or year of study (to name a few).
jipuktuk etli apatua'timk Award
1 award available at $4000 (fall)
Nova Scotia Forest Innovation Trust Award
1 award available at $3620 (fall)
NSITEN Tourism Bursary Award
6 awards available at $500
Sisters of Saint Martha Antigonish Award
10 awards available at $1000
TD Bank Group Bursary
2 awards available at $1500
There many more awards open to Mi'kmaq and Indigenous students and equity-deserving groups for which Mi’kmaq and Indigenous students may also apply.
For information on NSCC scholarships, bursaries and awards, visit nscc.ca/awards or contact us Monday to Friday, 8 am - 4 pm: