Funding for nautical programs
Women and Indigenous Peoples
As a woman or Indigenous person enrolled in a nautical program, you may qualify for an annual $5,000 tuition award ($10,000 for the Bridge Watch Rating program).
Indigenous students are automatically considered for additional funds (up to $10,500) to help with living expenses while enrolled in a nautical program.
- Full-time Students
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled in an eligible marine program
- Self-identify as female and/or Indigenous person with registered status recognized by the Government of Canada.
The Mi’kmaw Economic Benefits Office of Nova Scotia (MEBO) will coordinate the review and confirmation of Indigenous applicants to ensure they meet all tuition bursary criteria.
- Apply to a marine program
• Be sure to self-identify as a female or Indigenous person
- Get accepted to NSCC
- Apply for funding
• Once you’ve been accepted, you receive a link to apply for funding.