Explore programs that will give you international certification and set you up for a career at sea.
- Bridge Watch Rating
Begin your career at sea as a deckhand and member of a ship's watch team. Keep a lookout, steer the vessel, retrieve and launch lifeboats and much more.
- Marine Engineering Management Technology
Advance your knowledge of the highly complex engineering systems of a modern ship and qualify for a career as an engineering officer.
- Marine Engineering Technology
Build a broad-based knowledge of the highly complex engineering systems of a modern ship and prepare for a career as an engineering officer.
- Marine Mechanical Technician
Learn about marine engine systems and quickly start your career at sea.
- Marine Navigation Technology
Study the major principles of marine navigation, seamanship, meteorology, ship construction and stability and prepare for a career as a ship's navigation officer.
- Marine Navigation Management Technology
Advance your knowledge of the major principles of marine navigation, ship construction and stability and ship safety and operations and advance your career as a marine navigation officer.
To help diversify the marine workforce, short programs are also offered for women and indigenous persons.
- Coastal Protection Environmental Technologies (Certificate of Professional Studies)
Get the training you need to address contemporary issues in coastal environmental management and gain technical skills to use in the field.
- Marine Foundations - Marine Emergency Duties (Certificate of Completion)
Learn about personal survival, firefighting, rescue craft and traditional knowledge. Completion of this program prepares seafarers with the minimum requirement for sailing on commercial vessels in international waters.
- Marine Foundations - Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (Certificate of Completion)
Learn to safely operate small commercial vessels, other than tugs and fishing vessels, in coastal waters.
You may be eligible for funding support. View funding details