Start your career at sea
If you're big on adventure, consider a career at sea. Seafarers are in demand. Thousands of jobs are available now, offering plenty of career opportunities long into the future.
Why choose a career at sea?
- Salaries can start at $70,000 for ship's officers.
- It's possible to climb the ranks and become a captain or chief engineer within 10 years.
- You can work on a variety of ships, including passenger, cargo, research and military vessels.
- The marine industry is international -- so you can see the world while you work.
- Funding opportunities and paid work placements can help with your training costs.
Get the skills you need
Embark on a career aboard a ship. View nautical programs and courses