Wellness and counselling services
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis or mental health distress, consider the supports below, available to you 24/7:
- 911 if you are physically at risk
- Provincial Mental Health Crisis Line at 1-888-429-8167 (toll-free)
Personal wellbeing is a key contributor to your academic success. Learn more about our commitment to building a learning and working environment that supports mental wellness in our Mental Wellness Strategy.
To support your overall wellbeing and mental health, you have access to a range of services through NSCC and beyond. Here's how you're supported.
Personal and career counsellors
Our counsellors can help you with many things, including:
- Knowing yourself to make career, educational and life decisions with greater confidence
- Identifying and resolving life and academic challenges, including emotional distress, relationships and more
- Developing new ways of coping with difficult situations
- Connecting with other NSCC and community resources
- Access an NSCC counsellor or wellness support (intranet login required)
Online wellness resources
- Togetherall, a safe and anonymous online peer community for your mental health available 24/7. Register for Togetherall using your NSCC email address.
- CampusWell (login required), an online magazine for our students with great tips and information on fitness, budgeting, eating right, managing stress and more.
- Be There, for resources to help you learn how to support someone struggling with their mental health.
- Tao Self-Help, an online mental health library with interactive modules to help you understand and manage how you feel, think and act.
- Sexual violence support – understand what sexual violence is, get support and know how to respond.
- Provincial Mental Health Crisis Line - call 1-888-429-8167 (toll-free) for 24/7 telephone crisis intervention and support
- Good2Talk student support line - call 1-833-292-3698 or text GOOD2TALK to 686868
- Nova Scotia 211 helps you find a community or social service in your area
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program (SANE) - 811 can put you in touch with the nearest nurse examiner
- Nurse Telecare at 811