Career and employment supports
Whether you're a student, a recent graduate or a member of our established alumni community, we offer a variety of employment supports.
Prepare for the job search
Get tips on how to stand out during your job search.
- Visit NSCC Libraries' resource guides on preparing for employment and career development
- Connect with our Writing Centre to get free, on-on-one support with your resume, cover letter and portfolio documents. Contact the Writing Centre
- Access English as an Additional Language (EAL) supports for listening, speaking (including pronunciation), reading and language for interviews. EAL Supports and Resources Guide
- Practise your interview skills.
- Explore your career options and learn about labour market trends.
Volunteer work is a great way to build your skills, add to your resume and make connections. Visit Volunteer Nova Scotia
Find or become a mentor and get networking
- We've developed a support network to help students and new grads be able to tap into the diverse expertise found within our alumni community. Join Career Link
- LinkedIn is a social network specifically designed for career connections. Find NSCC on LinkedIn
Access entrepreneurship supports
- We provide entrepreneurial awareness, skills development and resources to both students and grads. Learn more about NSCC Entrepreneurship
- If you're an aspiring entrepreneur between the ages of 18 and 39, learn about financing and mentorship opportunities and access supports for future business owners. Visit Futurpreneur Canada
Learn about workplace diversity and inclusion
Access tools for a more inclusive workplace.
- Get resources and training from the Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC). Explore CHRC resources
- Check out training provided by Status of Women Canada. Learn about Women and Gender Equality Canada
- Access a toolkit for diversity and inclusion practitioners. View the Navigating race in Canadian workplaces toolkit (PDF 565KB)
Learn about employer funding
If you've got your eye on a job, approach the employer; funding programs can help cover your salary. Learn more about employer funding
Be kind to yourself
- If you're a student or recent alum, take our non-credit Brightspace wellness course. Enrol in course
- Be mindful of your health and wellbeing during your job search. View 23 Resilience Building Tools and Exercises
Explore career supports in your region
Find organizations across the province offering cultural, career and employment supports. Learn more about career supports in your region