Apply for campus housing
Campus housing admissions process
NSCC uses a 'first applied, first considered' approach to campus housing admission. You don't need to be accepted into an academic program to apply, but priority is given to students who've confirmed their acceptance offers.
2022/2023 Campus housing application dates
- January 17, 2022 – Returning student Application process opens.
- February 1, 2022 – New student Application process opens (for September 2022 academic start).
- May 2, 2022 – First round of offers for September 2022 will be made via email.
- If you've been accepted into campus housing, you’ll receive details on your space (i.e., type of room) via email.
- Your campus housing deposit and signed agreement are due three weeks after your offer is delivered to you.
- After May 2, 2022 – all campus housing admissions and offers will occur on a rolling basis.
Additional Request for Consideration
If you require specific consideration for a room assignment under either Nova Scotia's Accessibility Act, the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act (professional verification may be required) or for another reason outlined in our consideration form, please ensure that you indicate on your campus housing application. A campus housing coordinator will be in contact with you via email regarding your request.
Campus housing agreement
We're committed to offering safe, respectful campus housing communities. By accepting a spot to live on campus, you automatically agree to the terms outlined in the campus housing agreement. And when you accept a room, you must provide a signed copy of this document to . Review the 2022/2023 Campus Housing Agreement (PDF 244KB).
Withdrawals and refunds
All campus housing deposits, once paid, are non-refundable.
A student who is unable to continue living in campus housing due to medical reasons, and/or exceptional circumstances beyond their control, may submit a written application, along with any applicable supporting evidence including medical documentation, to NSCC Campus Housing to request a pro-rated credit of their fees. The application must be submitted within fourteen (14) days of the student’s withdrawal from campus housing. Applications will be considered and determined by the College at its sole and absolute discretion.
A student who withdraws from campus housing after the start of occupancy, regardless of the reason, will be held financially responsible for room and board fees as follows:
- The student will be required to pay a $100.00 administrative services fee on withdrawal.
- The student will be required to pay all campus housing fees as outlined in their Campus Housing Assignment Form, prorated to the actual date of departure, plus an additional (4) four weeks of room fees from the actual date of departure.
- Students who withdraw from campus housing during Fall semester after November 1, 2022 or during Winter semester after March 1, 2023 will be responsible for payment of the entire room and board fees as quoted for the full semester.
If you have questions about living on campus, email