Student Association (SA)
The Student Association (SA) is a group of students working together to improve student life. The SA creates opportunities for balanced lifestyles, promoting health and wellness, and encouraging campus-wide communication and participation. The mission of the SA is to organize activities and events (both on campus and off), provide important programs to encourage your growth as a student and offer great services that make your learning environment more supportive and enjoyable.
You’re automatically a member of your Student Association (SA) as a full or part- time student. Each of our campuses across the province has its own SA, which is governed by an elected student committee. The executive committee includes:
- VP Finance
- VP Communications
- VP Services
- VP Activities
- Class and program representatives
Each of our 15 Student Associations is governed by the NSCC SA Common Constitution (PDF 375KB). This constitution outlines the general principles, roles, responsibilities and operating guidelines of your SA.
Activities and events
Each campus has a unique combination of offerings dependent upon their specific student membership. Activities may include representation on college committees, orientation events, peer tutoring, fundraising and charitable giving, and sports and recreation. Visit the NSCC SA website to keep up to date on your campus events and activities.
The best way to ensure that the Student Association is meeting your needs is to become an active part of the organization. Some ways to get involved include:
- Run for an Executive Committee position on the Student Association.
- Serve as a Class Representative on the SA Students' Council.
- Apply for a job as Sports and Recreation Coordinator, Social Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator or other hired coordinator position.
- Start a student club or society on campus.
- Get involved in our sports, recreation and wellness activities.
- Volunteer with the Student Association.
- Participate in activities and programs.
The SA website is the place to go to learn more about your Student Association, review important service and policy information, keep up to date with the latest SA news and activities, and check out what's happening at your campus. Make sure to check it out at nscc.ca/sa