Open Educational Resources (OER)
Open Educational Resources (OER) are any type of teaching and learning resources that are freely available and published with an open license that enable users to reuse, revise, remix, retain, and redistribute (commonly referred to as the "5Rs"). The NSCC Copyright Office and your Campus Libraries provide resources and support in adopting and adapting Open Educational Resources (OER) to support teaching and learning.
Examples of support:
- understanding what OERs are and why they matter
- education sessions and one-on-one consultation
- support finding OERs that suit your courses
- matching OERs to course outcomes and creating curated lists of potential resources
- support for customizing, adapting and publishing OER
- hosting OERs being used at NSCC and embedding them into Brightspace courses
Visit the Open Educational Resources (OER) Subject Guide to get started and learn about OERs already in use in courses at NSCC.
For guidance and support, contact the by email.