Assistive Technology is any technology designed to perform a task and/or remove a barrier for the user. Assistive technology can support many facets of learning, including reading, writing, studying, and time management.
Supports available to students at NSCC
Tools and Resources
- Assistive Technology Guide has information about tools to support you with reading, writing, studying, organization, note-taking and math.
- NSCC's Knowledge Base contains articles about assistive technology tools. It also has information on features in Microsoft Applications such as Teams, OneNote, Word, and more.
- ReadSpeaker and TextHelp Read and Write are reading/literacy support software programs. These are available free for all staff and students. Visit the Assistive Technology Guide for more information.
- The Digital Accessibility Toolkit provides information on how to create accessible documents and online content.
Services and Contacts
- Testing Centre Hours and Locations
- Access supports for students with documented disabilities (NSCC Office 365 login required)