Writing is listed as an essential skill by the Government of Canada's Office of Literacy and Essential Skills. Writing is required for all jobs and throughout daily life. NSCC Writing Centres will help you:
- plan and strategize for your assignments
- understand your individual writing needs
- learn how to correct your own writing
- access helpful resources
- feel more confident about your writing skills
Our online Writing Guide provides tips, advice and information on how to get started, writing a resume or report, using grammar and punctuation, and more.
Booking a Writing Centre Appointment
All NSCC students have access to free, one-to-one writing support. Current NSCC students can schedule an online Writing Centre appointment which are 30 minutes in length. Visit the NSCC Writing Centre Connect Page for booking information (NSCC Office 365 login required).
For more information:
- Visit the Writing Centre Connect page (NSCC Office 365 login required)
- Watch the Writing Centre video on MS Stream (NSCC Office 365 login required)