Get Ready for NSCC
After you’ve been accepted to NSCC, you need to prepare for the academic year. The sooner you accept your offer, start applying for permits, find a place to live, etc., the better.
Before arriving on campus
To-do list: After you’ve been offered a seat
- Accept your offer
You need to confirm your seat in your program.
- Review immigration requirements
Review travel documentation and apply for your study and a co-op work permits.
- Understand your deadlines
To ensure you don’t miss important deadlines (tuition payments, etc.), keep an eye on due dates.
To-do list: Preparing to start your program
- Download the iCent app
NSCC’s iCent app helps you connect with international student ambassadors and plan your move to Canada. (Available on Google Play and the App Store)
- Understand your transportation options
You need to plan how you’ll get to and from campus – especially if you’ll be living in a rural area.
- Find a place to live
Learn about housing options within your campus community.
- Learn about working in Canada
Find out about working while in Nova Scotia.
- Consider adding dependents to your NSCC health and dental plan
All international students are enrolled in NSCC’s health and dental and emergency health insurance.
- Learn more about NSCC
- Read about student life at NSCC
- We have pre-recorded webinars that cover a variety of topics. Watch our information sessions
- We offer interactive webinars to discuss everything you need to do before coming to Canada. Watch for webinar dates on the iCent app.
- Each year, we host orientation events for all new students. Watch the iCent app for details.
After arriving on campus
When you arrive at your campus, you’ll get more information about what you need for your studies. You can buy your textbooks online or at the campus bookstore. And you’ll have access to the student intranet, where you’ll find details on how to get an NSCC identification card, a parking pass, a library card, a locker, etc.