NSCC and iCent have developed an app to assist students in preparing to transition to studies in Nova Scotia. The iCent App has many useful features, such as:
- New student arrival checklist
- Immigration information
- Planning your move and housing information
- Student supports
- Health and wellness information, including insurance requirements
- Much more
Using the iCent app
The use of this app is mandatory for all confirmed international applicants - be sure to download it to help you plan your start at NSCC as well as to upload your approved study permit by the November 24, 2023 deadline (for January 2024 program start dates). Important messaging and information will be sent directly to you via this app.
Pay special attention to the Student Arrival Checklist tab – this checklist provides you with key tasks you can Mark as Done once completed to help keep you organized as you prepare for study in Nova Scotia. Make sure to turn notifications for this app on, so you receive our important updates.
How to download iCent
- Follow these steps to download the app:
- Visit the App Store or Google Play and download the app
- Enter Canada in the “Institution Country” field
- Enter NSCC (not Nova Scotia Community College) in the “Institution Name” field
- Use your email to register for the app, you will be sent an email with your PIN. Please remember to check your Junk Mail inbox
- Use your PIN to login the app
Questions or trouble logging in? Contact:
If you cannot access the App version of iCent, you can access iCent App Content via a web browser.
iCent Privacy Disclaimer
All personal information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. The personal information may include but is not necessarily limited to student visas, study as well as co-op work permits. Access to the information collected by iCent will be restricted to NSCC and will be shared with Registrar’s Office and Student Affairs employees as appropriate. Information collected by iCent will be stored in both iCent and NSCC servers for a period of 12 months at which point all information will be deleted from iCent. Information collected by iCent and stored in NSCC servers will be stored in perpetuity as part of the student record.
I acknowledge that while the provision of personal information by way of the App is convenient, no electronic medium of disclosure is entirely secure, and I voluntarily assume the risk of potential disclosures associated with the use of the App and release NSCC and its contractors and employees from liability associated with any such disclosure.