Ways to support NSCC
There are many ways for NSCC alumni to give back to the College. Whether you volunteer or make a donation, your support enriches the lives of our students and graduates. And it contributes to the continued growth of NSCC.
Become a volunteerStrengthen your connection to NSCC and build your portfolio by volunteering with us. Opportunities include:
- Supporting events
- Guest speaking
- Participating in focus groups and surveys
- Advocacy (sharing your story)
- Mentoring students
- Program advising
- Fundraising for the NSCC Foundation
Support the NSCC FoundationAs an NSCC graduate, you know first-hand how uniquely transformative every student’s experience is. It may be a conversation in class, an experience during a work placement or a moment in study group that’s remembered for a lifetime. And for some students, enrolling in – and completing – their program can be challenging.
Your gift to the NSCC Foundation helps to reduce barriers to education; it helps students feel supported and allows them to focus on what really matters: finishing their education, preparing for employment and getting their careers on track.
Areas of needWith your help, we can provide and expand programs, including:
- Student Works Program, which supports on-the-job training
- Job readiness initiative
- Emergency housing
- The Limitless Program, which supports formerly incarcerated Nova Scotians looking to restart their careers
- Access to technology, including equipment and internet connectivity
- Rapid Response Program, which is for students with immediate and urgent need for financial support