Social Entrepreneurship Program - Vietnam
SummaryThe 2024 Social Entrepreneurship project will have NSCC students and employees partnering with students from Tra Vinh University (TVU) in Vietnam. The program will involve visits and interviews with local entrepreneurs, cultural excursions and project work. Students will collaborate on start-up venture ideas that could fill gaps in the Mekong Delta region and will present these projects to a panel of local business people.
The project will take place for two weeks in June 2024. For a glimpse into this program watch this short video produced by NSCC students participating in the program in 2019 - Social Entrepreneurship Program.
- Apply knowledge, skills and attitudes from tasks and projects in an international setting;
- Outline the benefits of cross-cultural collaboration for work-related projects and tasks;
- Build evidence of experiences and new learning (both personal and industry related) for portfolio development and the education of others;
- Assess safety and risk pertaining to international travel to make informed decisions about traveling abroad;
- To identify and reflect on the differences and similarities between Canada and Vietnam.
Subject to change
October 2023 - Applications launched
October 30, 2023 - Employee application deadline
January 5, 2024 - Student application deadline
January 26, 2024 - Student selection deadline
February 2024 - Online pre-departure course begins
April 19, 2024 - Pre-departure conference
June 3 - 23, 2024 - Social Entrepreneurship Program in Vietnam
July 2024 - Reporting and evaluation
Fall 2024 - Celebration of learning
Employees will provide mentoring and support to the students during the pre-departure phase of the program which will include frequent project meetings, some training modules and other duties required by NSCC International, and will accompany the students during the on-site phase. Employee leads will have the option of being mentored by those who have led similar projects in the past. Employees will be required to submit a report/feedback on the program upon return to Nova Scotia.
- Must be an employee from any NSCC program with a passion and knowledge of entrepreneurship;
- International experience considered an asset;
- Must have a valid passport or the ability to get one;
- Commitment to applying learning that is gained in future work with NSCC.
Travel advice and advisories
The Government of Canada’s Travel Advice and Advisories will help you make informed decisions about safe travel while you are outside of Canada.