NSCC is involved in several technical assistance and outbound mobility projects.
Technical Assistance projects are externally funded and allow NSCC faculty to work on various assignments, such as developing and teaching courses. Depending on the assignments, NSCC faculty might be contracted to work on these projects.
As for the NSCC outbound mobility project portfolio, Bridge The Ocean was funded by the Erasmus+ mechanism of the European Union (externally funded project). The aim of the project is to create a model for developing cooperation and student and staff mobility between European and Canadian colleges focused on technical and vocational education.
Types of projects
NSCC International Technical Assistance assignments include:
- TVET and competency-based education and training (CBET) teacher training and curriculum development.
- Strengthening TVET institution employer and industry linkages.
- Labour market and training needs assessments.
- Technical training in applied learning program development in a range of subjects including cultural and creative industries, entrepreneurship, eco-tourism, cultural tourism, tour guiding and operations, pre-technology access.
- Marketing TVET and mentorship for vulnerable learners, women in TVET and STEM Gender mainstreaming in TVET.
- Project management, results-based management, monitoring and evaluation, risk management.
- Innovative international faculty, student and staff exchanges and experiential learning projects.
Funding agencies for NSCC International projects are:
- Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
- Erasmus + (European Union)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC), Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and other agencies of the Government of Canada
- KFW Development Bank
- Mastercard Foundation
- Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States
- The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
- The Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- The United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID), now replaced with the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office