As part of your international program, you will be asked to produce a travel story reflecting on your experience. Travel stories will be kept on the NSCC International website (nscc.ca/international) and will exist as documentation of your international learning that you can use as a digital portfolio piece.
- Keep it short and concise (a couple of paragraphs)
- Know your audience and remember you are representing NSCC
- Your name will appear on your travel story as the author
- Proofread your work. NSCC International will not be editing the travel story before posting (but will be checking to ensure all content is appropriate)
- All content should be submitted through a forum in which the video can be downloaded (Google Drive, Dropbox, Streams etc.)
- Ensure you have permission to use images/names of others
- Keep the content light and fun and keep in mind a future employer could be reading/watching
- Include a relevant photo of yourself participating in the program
- You can focus on one day, one activity or reflection on your experience as a whole
Questions to consider
While you don’t have to answer these questions directly, keep them in mind as you write and weave your answers throughout your travel story.
- What skills have I gained through this experience which will help me be successful in future education/career goals?
- What surprised me as either very different or similar to Nova Scotia?
- How has participating in this opportunity changed me personally and/or professionally?
Please send your travel story to when completed