Your program begins with Orientation Jan.5– an event designed to help you prepare for the great year ahead. Your campus will email you your orientation schedule in December 2021.
Orientation is an important part of your program designed to help you:
- Meet your faculty and advisors
- Get familiar with learning online
- Explore the supports and services available to you
- Learn about safety on campus
Orientation helps to set you up for success at NSCC. Please attend.
Learn what to expect in the year ahead
We're excited to welcome many of you back on campus this fall. Watch this short video to learn what to expect when classes begin. You'll learn more about the topics covered in this video at Orientation.
Prepare to start college
Connect is your student website for everything you need while studying at NSCC. Visit Connect to stay in the know and access all your supports and services, such as:
- Accessibility services
- Technology supports
- Testing services
- Tutoring and peer assisted learning
- Writing support
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) support
- NSCC Libraries resources
- Health and wellness supports
By the end of December, you’ll have access to tools and technology that you’ll use frequently as an NSCC student. Take time to familiarize yourself with:
As an NSCC student, you are required to take two online safety courses (with the exception of those enrolled in the Adult learning Program):
- Introduction to Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (SAFE 1000)
- Introduction to Nova Scotia Occupational Health and Safety Act (SAFE 1001)
Watch your NSCC email for instructions on how to take these courses, or learn how to access these courses on Connect.
Your Advisor can help you with the transition to college and is there to support you throughout your time at NSCC. Contact your Advisor.
If you have questions about accessibility services, you can contact Accessibility Services staff or contact us at or 902-491-7333.