Congratulations! You’ll soon be able to cross the stage and accept your NSCC credential. Here’s what you need to know while preparing for Convocation.
Prepare to graduate
- Apply to graduate - You must confirm your graduation by completing the intent to graduate form. A form has been sent to all potential graduates' NSCC email address.
- Make arrangements - Let Student Services know if you need assistance or require special arrangements crossing the raised stage.
- Verify your name - Check MyNSCC (login required) to ensure your name appears correctly on your credential, transcript and in the Convocation program. If it needs updating, contact Student Services as soon as possible. Name changes require presentation of government-issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport.
- Find your Convocation - We have a number of Convocation ceremonies across the province. View the schedule to find yours.
- Prepare academic dress - You must wear an academic gown and stole, unless the following situations apply (additional exceptions must be approved by the Office of the Registrar):
- Indigenous students and African Canadian students may wear items of cultural significance.
- Active military personnel may wear their dress uniform.
- Clergy/members of religious orders may wear their religious apparel.
- Any additional exceptions must be approved by the Office of the Registrar.
- Get your alumni ring - Celebrate your achievements with an NSCC alumni ring.
- Arrive early - Be at your ceremony at least one hour before it starts. Parking can be limited, so give yourself extra time.
- Celebrate with us - Be proud of your accomplishments and share your NSCC graduation by using the official NSCC Convocation hashtag, #NSCCGrad.
- Be an engaged NSCC graduate - After graduation, you automatically become an NSCC alum. Learn how to connect with your NSCC alumni community.
- Frame your credential - You can frame your certificate or diploma through NSCC Bookstores. Reach out directly to your campus bookstore or email to make arrangements.