Pacific Alliance Education for Employment (EFE-PA) – Electricity and Energy Efficiency, B.01
The Pacific Alliance for Education for Employment Program (EFE-PA) is funded by the Government of Canada and managed by Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan). EFE-PA aligns with the current needs and priorities of local and national companies in the extractive sector. This program will also facilitate the exchange of knowledge, experience, best practices and tools between teachers and managers from the same country and among member countries.
The ultimate outcome of the program is greater socio-economic opportunities for women and men in a sustainable and inclusive extractive sector in the four Pacific Alliance countries (Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru). The EFE-PA B.01 Institutional Partnership between NSCC, College of New Caledonia, Niagara College and CFT-CEDUC will support the review and revision of two programs – Electricity, and Electricity and Energy Efficiency. This will be done in collaboration with local industry employing graduates from these two programs.
Canadian and Chilean partners will work on the curriculum development using the skills-based approach, the implementation of business services (in terms of improvement, applied research or technology transfer), provide support for professional networking and graduates as well as for business creation.
- Review and revision of curriculum materials and lesson plans that will be gender- and industry-responsive while integrating environmental sustainability considerations
- Competency-based education capacity building of instructors in program development, teaching and evaluating
- Leadership and management capacity building
- Assistance with the development of applied research activities
- Coordination of marketing efforts to increase awareness of TVET, change perceptions, and address gender enrolment challenges