Kenya Education for Employment Program (KEFEP) – Electrical & Hospitality, KEFEP-05, Kenya Coast National Polytechnic (KCNP)
The Kenya Education for Employment Program (KEFEP) is funded by the Government of Canada and managed by Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) in collaboration with the Kenyan Ministry of Education (MOE) through the State Department of Vocational and Technical Training’s Directorate of Technical Education. KEFEP aligns with the MOE priorities of providing education guided by the principles of access, equity, quality, and relevance.
KEFEP’s ultimate outcome is to provide increased economic opportunities for male and female graduates from Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions in Kenya. The local partner, Kenya Coast National Polytechnic (KCNP), decided to focus on competency-based education and training (CBET) curriculum development and teacher training on: (1) Electrical Engineering and (2) Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Development of curriculum materials and lesson plans that will be gender- and industry-responsive while integrating environmental sustainability considerations
- Development of stand-alone modules for entry-level training
- Integration of entrepreneurship and gender related aspects into the curriculum
- Competency-based education capacity building of instructors
- Leadership and management capacity building