Learn the hospitality business in a premiere resort setting
Build a career in the hospitality/ tourism industry with a focus on the accommodation and food service sectors. This unique program is delivered at the iconic Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa (The Pines) along the southwestern shore of Nova Scotia and offers the opportunity to learn and practice job-ready skills in a real-world setting. Students are exposed to the daily operations of a resort; guest services/revenue management/housekeeping/maintenance, food and beverage operations, banquets/events planning, spa services, golf.
Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa is privately owned through a partnership with Bear River First Nation. The property is managed by Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Classes start September 2023 at Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa. Offering pending Board approval.
About the Business - Hospitality Program
This two-year diploma program prepares you for a career in the hospitality industry.
- Pursue your passion for hospitality management, tourism and customer service while gaining job-ready skills in a hands-on learning environment in the tourism industry
- Learn about creating, developing and managing guest experiences
- Develop strategies for providing culturally-relevant customer service in hotels and restaurants
- Gain entrepreneurial business practices including human resources, leadership, finances and strategic marketing
Learn more about the Business – Hospitality program
Why learn at Digby Pines Resort
- Learn in a world-class resort setting with real-world hospitality scenarios
- Experience immersive learning in the community of Digby, a charming town on Nova Scotia’s southwestern shore with lobster and scallop fisheries, and unique wilderness opportunities that make it an ecotourism destination
- Connect with tourism industry partners throughout your learning experience
- Appreciate the developing area of Indigenous Tourism
- Be a member of our Burridge Campus community with connections to the Digby Learning Centre
- Opportunities for onsite employment in hospitality
Learn more about Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa
Nearby student accommodations and meal options
Students enrolled in this program have the option to live in nearby accommodations. This unique student housing plan includes:
- Single accommodations located a short drive from Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa
- Access to a transportation service provided by The Pines for the daily commute between student housing and the resort. Students may also access Kings Transit for transportation requirements
- Discounted lunch vouchers available for students to purchase from The Pines
Contact for questions about this unique accommodation option for students in the Business – Hospitality program at Digby Pines. Pricing and housing application coming soon.
International students come to Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) for the practical, hands-on skills they need for a career in Canada or in their home countries. This program has an extended application deadline of May 1, 2023, which is different from our standard International student application deadline.