Learn the hospitality business in a premiere resort setting
Build a career in the hospitality/ tourism industry with a focus on the accommodation and food service sectors. This unique program is delivered at the iconic Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa (The Pines) located on the southwestern shore of Nova Scotia and offers the opportunity to learn and practice job-ready skills in a real-world setting. Students are exposed to the daily operations of a resort; guest services/revenue management/housekeeping/maintenance, food and beverage operations, banquets/events planning, spa services, golf.
Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa is privately owned through a partnership with Bear River First Nation. The property is managed by Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
About the Business - Hospitality Program
This two-year diploma program prepares you for a career in the hospitality industry.
- Pursue your passion for hospitality management, tourism and customer service while gaining job-ready skills in a hands-on learning environment in the tourism industry
- Learn about creating, developing and managing guest experiences
- Develop strategies for providing culturally-relevant customer service in hotels and restaurants
- Gain entrepreneurial business practices including human resources, leadership, finances and strategic marketing
Why learn at Digby Pines Resort
- Learn in a world-class resort setting with real-world hospitality scenarios
- Experience immersive learning in the community of Digby, a charming town on Nova Scotia’s southwestern shore with lobster and scallop fisheries, and unique wilderness opportunities that make it an ecotourism destination
- Connect with tourism industry partners throughout your learning experience
- Appreciate the developing area of Indigenous Tourism
- Be a member of our Burridge Campus community with connections to the Digby Learning Centre
- Opportunities for onsite employment in hospitality
Student accommodations and meal options
Information on student accommodations will be available January 2024.
Discounted lunch vouchers are available for students to purchase from The Pines.