Black and African Canadian student supports
Study and career supports
Our African Canadian supports advisors are a resource for students of African descent. They can answer your questions and help you find the information, culturally specific supports and academic supports you need to succeed.
Your advisor can:
- Offer career exploration.
- Help you with your NSCC application process.
- Connect you with funding opportunities (e.g., emergency financial supports and tutoring).
- Offer guidance around applying for NSCC awards available for Black students.
- Introduce you to learning supports (e.g., tutoring) and other student services.
- Connect you with other Black learners.
- Our advisors also work with your campus community to offer an Africentric approach to events and activities.
Awards for Black students
We offer more than 1,000 scholarships, bursaries and awards that add up to over $2 million in student support each year. Funded by donors, partners and sponsors through NSCC Foundation, awards are granted based on a range of criteria: financial need, leadership, volunteer experience and career interests.
Reach out to your campus-based African Canadian supports advisor.
Akerley Campus and Institute of Technology Campus
Burridge Campus, Shelburne Campus and Digby Campus
Annapolis, Cumberland, IT, Kingstec, Lunenburg, Truro and eCampus
Marconi Campus and Strait Area Campus
We offer an Africentric adult learning program for African Canadians who want to complete their high school diploma. Learn more about the Adult Learning Program - Africentric Learning Option.