Returning Student Orientation
The 2020-21 academic year begins with Returning Student Orientation, an online experience to help you prepare for the great year ahead.
Orientation is an important part of your program. You'll take part in scheduled and self-guided information sessions, meet-ups and discussions – all of them online. Please attend.
At Orientation, you can expect to:
- Learn about the academic year
- Re-connect with your faculty and classmates
- Get familiar with learning online
- Explore the supports and services available to you
- Get familiar with important College policies and procedures
- Learn about safely accessing your campus, if required
Your orientation schedule
View your campus orientation schedule:
- Akerley Campus
- Annapolis Valley Campus (including Centre of Geographic Sciences)
- Burridge Campus (including Digby Learning Centre)
- Cumberland Campus (including Amherst Learning Centre)
- Institute of Technology Campus
- Ivany Campus (including Aviation Institute)
- Kingstec Campus
- Lunenburg Campus
- Marconi Campus
- Pictou Campus
- Shelburne Campus (including School of Fisheries)
- Strait Area Campus (including Nautical Institute)
- Truro Campus
Please note: It is highly recommended that you download Microsoft Teams prior to the start of orientation. Learn how to download Microsoft Teams
Access student supports
Whether you will be learning online or through a combination of online and in-person learning in a blended program, we will have supports and services available both online and on campus.
Update your Student ID
You will need an up-to-date Student ID card to be on campus.
Watch for an Orientation package arriving in the mail soon – it will include a Student ID sticker. Place the sticker on the front of your Student ID card over the existing date to update it.
If you have lost or damaged your Student ID or changed campuses, you can apply for a replacement (no charge in 2020-21) by contacting your Advisor (log-in required).
Buy your books
You can purchase course materials online for delivery or pick-up at any campus bookstore location. Bookstores will be operating limited hours, and hours of operation are subject to change. Order textbooks and view bookstore hours
To enter any NSCC facility, you must wear a mask and keep it on in all public areas. If you require a mask accommodation, you must reach out to your campus Student Services manager by contacting Student Services before arriving on campus.
Contact your Advisor (log-in required).
Questions about accessibility? Reach out to your campus Learning Strategist (log-in required) at or 902-491-7333.