New Student Orientation, September 3, 2019
Welcome to your first day at NSCC
We can't wait to see you at New Student Orientation. This is a snapshot of what to expect and some tips on how you can make the most of your first day.
Your campus will send you an email with more details, so keep an eye out.
What to expect
When you arrive on campus, you'll meet employees ready to point you in the right direction and answer your questions. Our goal is that you feel comfortable, excited and ready to learn at the end of your first day.
Wondering when to arrive? View your campus schedule
Tips for a great first day
- Pick up a Student Handbook – it's full of helpful information and includes an agenda to help you stay organized.
- Say "hi" to your Student Services team and Student Advisor – they provide support throughout the year to help you learn how to get the most out of your College experience and prepare for what comes next.
- Ask questions – your first day is all about getting the information you need.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to refill at a hydration station.
- Check your campus schedule – start and end times may vary by campus.
Start preparing now
There are several things you can do right now to prepare for September:
- Explore Connect
Connect is your online student portal to important campus services, tools, announcements and events. Login to Connect
- Get to know Brightspace
The online learning system is where you'll find your course materials, outlines, class calendars and grades. Visit Brightspace
- Visit MyNSCC
Access this site to view your weekly schedule, pay tuition, update your contact information and more. Login to MyNSCC
Contact Student Services at your campus.