Funding for your small business
To help kick-start or expand businesses across Nova Scotia, funding is available to NSCC students and recent alumni.
If you have a savvy business idea, and the desire to launch or grow a company, apply for the Scotiabank Entrepreneur-in-the-Making (EITM) Program.
- Be a current NSCC student or an alum who's graduated within the last 5 years (2015 to present)
- Have viable business goals and objectives
- Be an entrepreneur looking to start or expand your business
- Clearly describe entrepreneurial aspirations through the program's application
All applications are welcome; however, preference will be given first to women, and then to applicants from other underrepresented* groups.
Successful applicants will receive:
- One-time funding, up to a maximum of $3,000
- Three mandatory business advisory sessions with NSCC Entrepreneurship
- Optional financial planning through Scotiabank
- Mentorship and networking opportunities
$42,000 in funding is available across all campuses each year.
For more information, contact NSCC Entrepreneurship
*Underrepresented groups: Underrepresented groups, as outlined in Canada’s Employment Equity Act, means women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities; whereas members of visible minorities means persons, other than Indigenous peoples, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour.