Safe travel and arrival
Students (international and domestic) travelling from NB, PEI and NL
Travellers from the Atlantic provinces might have to quarantine once in Nova Scotia based on their vaccination status
Students (international and domestic) travelling from other Canadian provinces
Travellers will have to:
- Fill out the Nova Scotia Safe Check in form, and
- Upload their proof of vaccination electronically and be prepared to show it, if asked by border officials.
Travellers may have to isolate based on vaccination and testing. Please use this link to understand what situation applies to you
Students (international and domestic) travelling from outside Canada
As of August 9, 2021 at 12:01 am EDT travellers are no longer required to spend 3-nights at a Federally approved hotel while they wait for their on-arrival test results. Students should do everything possible to go to their final destination in Nova Scotia directly.
All international students, fully vaccinated or not, must have a 14-day quarantine plan in case it is determined at the border that they do not meet all of the conditions required to be exempt from quarantine. This is still the case even if they believe they meet the criteria for being considered a fully vaccinated traveller
All travellers are required to:
- Use the ArriveCAN app to enter your proof of vaccination, quarantine and travel information.
- Test negative for COVID-19 before travelling from another country.
- Submit your quarantine plan to NSCC by using the iCent app
- You will be asked to prove that you have health insurance from the moment you arrive in Canada. Your NSCC health insurance will cover you from September 1, 2021. Students eligible for MSI through their partners/spouses must verify that they are covered from the moment they land in Canada. If you need, you can purchase health insurance through NSCC
- If you need a place to quarantine, you can book one of the hotels (PDF 190KB) NSCC has been working with or book accommodation at an alternative location. If you're not staying in one of the hotels listed, make sure to provide a working phone number to be available for unscheduled in person and virtual check-ins every second day.
- Please make sure to have food delivered to your quarantine location as NSCC is unable to support with food purchase or delivery.
- Students who book at one of the hotels (PDF 190KB) listed have access to a landline from their room, and do not need to be available for either in person or virtual check-ins. Three meals a day are included in with this booking.
- Arrange transportation to your quarantine location. Halifax Airport Taxi Service and Halifax Airport Taxi and Limousine Service offer discounts to NSCC students (you need to prove that you attend/are enrolled at NSCC when booking).
Students who are in Nova Scotia can get vaccinated free of charge. You must complete any required isolation or quarantine before you can get vaccinated in Nova Scotia.
If a student does not have a Nova Scotia health card (MSI), they will NOT be able to book a vaccine appointment online. They must book their appointment by phone by calling toll-free 1-833-797-7772 (this phone number is only accessible within Canada). The student will need to confirm at the time of booking that they will be in Nova Scotia long enough to receive both the first and second dose.
For more information please see:
- Attending university or college during COVID-19
- International post-secondary students during COVID-19
There are many other mandatory public health measures in place in Nova Scotia. Please familiarize yourself with the rules in Nova Scotia. We also encourage you to follow @nsgov and https://www.facebook.com/nsgov/ for the latest information.
If you have questions, please contact or