Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a MyNSCC account?
Applicants who have officially confirmed their attendance to a Program via the admissions process for an upcoming term will be given access no later than 4 months before the start of the term.
Students attending the College in the Fall, Winter or Spring terms of a given academic year will obtain access as per the confirmation process above, or when an individual class enrolment is processed.
Information to access "MyNSCC" is sent to a student's personal email address. If we do not have a personal email on record or the email is not received, "MyNSCC" account information will be available to you from staff or faculty when study commences. Once you obtain your account information, all other access details can be found on this website. Specifically, a sample notification letter is available in the bulletin board at left.
"MyNSCC" access is removed before the start of each Fall term for those students who previously had access but are not attending the college in the upcoming academic year.
- Does this user ID and password work for network and e-mail access?
Yes, this is the same user ID and password you use to access the network and your e-mail account.
- I can't remember my user ID. How can I find out what it is?
Your user ID for MyNSCC is the same as for your network and e-mail accounts, which is your NSCC ID prefixed with a letter W. For example, if your NSCC ID is 0001111 then your user ID is W0001111.
- I can't remember my password. How can I get it reset?
To reset your password use the Password Management Tool. Choose the Reset Password option and follow the instructions.
You must previously have enrolled with the Password Management Tool to reset your password. We strongly encourage you to enroll with this tool as soon as possible so you can change, reset and unlock your password yourself. Having this set up is the fastest way to have your password reset.
- The Reset Password feature won't work. How can I get it reset?
You can visit Student Services (see the Need Help section) for password changes or resets if you have not previously enrolled with the Password Management Tool or if you are having difficulties using the tool. It may require an in-person visit to your local technology staff, in order to verify your identity.
- Why do the examples in the help documents look different than what I see in my pages?
The examples in the help document are meant to be guides. Your information will be specific to you and may look different than the examples.
- The information within MyNSCC is incorrect. How can I get it fixed?
For updates to personal information or academic information contact Student Services at your campus. For questions or updates to your Account Summary please contact your campus Manager of Administrative Services.
- I tried to see my grades/transcript but it says that I have an outstanding balance?
You will need to see your campus Manager of Administrative Services to resolve this issue before you will be able to view your grades/transcript.
- Why is it that when I enter a date in the future to look at my weekly schedule I get the message "The schedule has not been finalized for this time period"?
The schedules for terms in the future may not yet be finalized; therefore we have restricted your access to that schedule data until it is finalized.
- How can I make my weekly schedule print properly?
The schedule in MyNSCC is generally there for online inquiry. However, you can obtain a useable print version via the print command in your browser by:
- Minimize the information on the page as much as possible by using the options to remove the days that you have no classes on. You can also remove the instructors name to save some space and select the minimal start time and end time that is required to show your classes for the given week.
- We also recommend printing the page in landscape format. This should ensure that you do not lose any information on the right hand side of the print. The "Help with this page" link can walk you through the steps to print the page in landscape format.
- You can print the page using portrait format, although we recommend you select Monday to Friday only in the Display Options.
- How do I make a payment online?
Navigate to one of the following:
Self Service > Student Center - Finance component - you can then access Account Inquiry or Make a Payment
Self Service > Campus Finances - you can then access Account Inquiry or Make a Payment
- How do I pay for my NSCC Parking Pass online?
You'll need a credit card to pay for your pass and a printer to print your receipt.
- Pay for your pass with a credit card via MyNSCC (Self Service > Student Center) by navigating to: Finances | other financial... and selecting Purchase Items. Click 'make a payment' and follow the online steps to complete your payment.
- Print your payment receipt.
- Print and complete the Parking Pass Application (PDF 148KB).
- Bring your payment receipt and completed Parking Pass application to the Business Office to obtain your pass.