There are MANY resources online to help in your academic journey. We have collected a few of our favorites to help you get started.
- Difficulties with Mathematics – Information and strategies for parents and teachers
- Math Study Skills for Adult Students – 11 strategies focusing on problem solving and memory
- BBC Skillswise – Resource for numeracy and literacy tutors and students – printable worksheets, factsheets and online games, videos and quizzes
- Khan Academy – 2,400+ videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 150 practice exercises
- Memory and the Brain - How Memory Works – A psychological look at memory and learning
- Mnemonic Techniques and Specific Memory Tricks to Improve Memory – Practical methods to help with memorization
- Memory Learning Basics on YouTube – Common sense basics to memory learning: Concentration, Association, Pictures, The Outrageous
- How to Improve Your Memory – Tips and exercises to sharpen your mind and boost Brainpower
- Improve Your Brain – Web-based training program that "makes our brain smarter, faster and more flexible".
- 10 Steps to Organization at College – Tips to improve your organizational skills
- How to Get Organized for School – YouTube video with tips
- Student Planners – Tips for organizing your time with a day planner
- iPhone Basic Functions: How to Use Your iPhone Calendar – YouTube video
- Basics of Reading – Explains the easy task of reading and its 3 components
- SQ3R: Increasing Your Retention of Written Information – A useful technique for extracting the maximum amount of benefit from your reading time
- Reading Comprehension Strategies: Tips on Reading Comprehension – YouTube video
- Active Reading Strategies – 10 tips to assist with getting the most from what you read
- Active Reading: Comprehension and Rate – Handouts and videos to help you become a more efficient and effective reader
- How to Improve Reading Comprehension – Online tutorial to help students improve reading comprehension
- Overcoming Test Anxiety – Strategies for improving all aspects of the test taking process
- Multiple Choice Tests – Tips for writing multiple choice tests
- Test Taking Strategies – Series of 12 short YouTube videos to learn the best strategies for improving your score on multiple-choice tests
- Test Anxiety Inventory – Access your main source of test anxiety
- What is plagiarism? – Anti-plagiarism resource for educators and students
- MLA (Modern Language Association) Style Guide – MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities. This resource offers examples for the general format of MLA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the Works Cited page.
- APA (American Psychological Association) style – APA is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. This resource offers examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page.
- The RAFT Writing Template – 1-page template to create a piece of writing by identifying: Role, Audience, Format, Topic
- Academic Writing Tips: How to Write a Paragraph – You Tube video
- Grammar Girl – Quick and dirty tricks for better writing
- Videojug – A collection of how-to videos on a large variety of life/school topics – ex. Punctuation
- Top 10 Free Online Mind Mapping Tools – List of top 10 free online mind mapping tools to help brainstorm or draw your ideas as a map