NSCC is pleased to provide Internet Wi-Fi services to its students, guests and staff. Please see the setup instructions below or visit our campus Digital Innovation staff for assistance.
There are several Wi-Fi networks available for use, all have Internet access. Our services are currently being upgraded, some campuses have different Wi-Fi networks than others during the upgrade (project completion mid-2019).
1. Eduroam (available at all campuses)
Eduroam (education roaming) is a wireless service that allows students, staff, and faculty to use their own home institution's wireless credentials to access wireless network services when visiting any other eduroam-affiliated institution without having to set up a guest account. This is the Wi-Fi network staff and students should use with their personal devices. Learn more »
2. NSCCGuest (available on most campuses, phased in everywhere in mid-2019)
A self-service (text/SMS based) Wi-Fi network built for guest use at NSCC campuses.
Limited speed and meant for Guest use only. Staff and Students should use the Eduroam network.
3. HotSpot@NSCC (phased out by mid-2019)
HotSpot Wi-Fi uses SSL encryption for securing the login page but otherwise is an open/unencrypted Wi-Fi network that is simple to connect to and use. It is being replaced by NSCCGuest during our network upgrades.
To connect to NSCCGuest (if available at your campus):
- Connect your device to the NSCCGuest Wi-Fi network.
- A webpage should open on your device prompting for a mobile number.
- Enter your mobile number to receive a text message with an authorization code valid for 4 hours.
- Enter the code on the next page of the website for internet access.
To connect to HotSpot@NSCC:
- Connect to WiFi using your device
- Open your browser and go to any Internet website
- You will be redirected to login using your NSCC username and password
- Once logged in, you should be connected to the Internet
To connect to Eduroam:
- Setup Instructions: Eduroam
- Eduroam Wifi – Connection Instructions for Windows 10 (PDF 372KB)