Indigenous student supports
Academic and career supports
Our Indigenous supports advisors are a resource for students of First Nation, Metis and Inuit descent. They can answer your questions and help you find the information, culturally specific supports and academic supports you need to succeed.
Your advisor can:
- Offer career exploration and help you choose a program.
- Help you with your NSCC application process.
- Connect you with funding opportunities (e.g., emergency financial supports and tutoring).
- Offer guidance around applying for NSCC awards available for Indigenous students.
- Provide academic advising.
- Introduce you to learning supports (e.g., tutoring) and other student services.
- Connect you with other Indigenous learners.
- Our advisors also work with your campus community to offer Indigenous prospective and approach, host
- Indigenous student gatherings and organize cultural events.
Awards for Indigenous students
We offer more than 1,000 scholarships, bursaries and awards that add up to over $2 million in student support each year. Funded by donors, partners and sponsors through NSCC Foundation, awards are granted based on a range of criteria: financial need, leadership, volunteer experience and career interests.
Reach out to your campus-based Indigenous supports advisor:
Strait Area Campus
Nautical Institute, Strait Area Campus
Annapolis Valley Campus, Burridge Campus, Cumberland Campus, eCampus, Lunenburg Campus, Pictou Campus and Shelburne Campus
Institute of Technology Campus and Akerley Campus
Indigenous Community and Cultural Liaison Coordinator