Wellness and Counselling Services
Balancing your emotional, physical and mental well-being is an important part of the college experience and can be a challenge for anyone.
Making sure you’re eating well, sleeping enough, getting some exercise, managing emotions, and enjoying your relationships with friends and loved ones are all aspects of being well. When one of these things causes you problems it can affect your ability to make decisions, solve problems, and move forward with your life.
Your personal well-being is one of the keys to academic success. NSCC provides a range of services supporting well-being and mental health to help you:
- Identify what might be affecting your school work
- Explore and develop new ways of coping with difficult emotions or situations
- Develop meaningful relationships
- Connect with online resources
- Discover strategies to help complete your school work, take tests, and manage your time
NSCC Services and Resources
- One-on-one counselling. Facing a personal or academic challenge? Don’t wait until you are feeling totally overwhelmed to seek help. Student Services offers supportive and confidential counselling delivered by professional counsellors.
- Off-campus counselling. Support is available 24/7 through the Good2Talk talk line, which connects you to a network of professional counsellors by phone (1-833-292-3698).
- Student Health 101. Find great tips and information on fitness, budgeting, eating right, and managing stress and more in this interactive resource.
- Being active and engaged helps increase your overall mental wellness.
- Join a student organization
- Become a volunteer or student leader with your campus Student Association
- Get involved in campus events and activities.