Wellness and Counselling Services
Your personal well-being is one of the keys to academic success. NSCC provides a range of services supporting well-being and mental health to help you:
- Identify what might be affecting your school work
- Explore and develop new ways of coping with difficult emotions or situations
- Develop meaningful relationships
- Connect with online resources
- Discover strategies to help complete your school work, take tests, and manage your time
NSCC services and resources
- One-on-one counselling. We're here to help you with personal or academic challenges. Student Services offers supportive and confidential counselling delivered by professional counsellors.
- Off-campus counselling. Support is available 24/7 through the Good2Talk talk line, which connects you to a network of professional counsellors by phone (1-833-292-3698). You can also text GOOD2TALKNS to 686868.
- HealthyMindsNS. Once you're a student, access self-help resources to help you manage feelings, such as stress and anxiety.
- CampusWell. Find great tips and information on fitness, budgeting, eating right, and managing stress and more in this interactive resource.
- Be There. Learn how you can support someone struggling with their mental health.
- Being active and engaged helps increase your overall mental wellness. As a student, you can:
- Join a student organization
- Become a volunteer or student leader with your campus Student Association
- Get involved in campus events and activities.