FUTURES CAFÉ OPERATION ·
FUTURES Cafe is an Social Enterprise operated by Building FUTURES Employment Society in Lower Sackville. It is cafeteria style and is open to public 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Catering is also provided. We are growing and it is an exciting time to join the team.
Hours of work are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and may be adjusted to meet business requirements.
We support people with intellectual disabilities to pursue and achieve their employment goals.
Cooks and bakes food that is delicious and appealing in presentation. ·
Follows all health and safety rules and requirements and adheres to standards as per Food Handling requirements. ·
Documents routines and procedures for operation of cafeteria, as appropriate/required. ·
In consultation with supervisor and co-workers plans creative menu to meet customers’ satisfaction.
Operates cash register, operates Interac debit and credit system; ring off and balance cash register daily. ·
Purchases groceries as required in most economical, practical manner including ordering from food delivery service such as Sysco. ·
Provides quotes to customers for catering, using approved guidelines. ·
Ensures Café is kept in a high standard of cleanliness.
Provides billing information to Accounts Receivable in a timely manner ·
Provides guidance to employees/staff/volunteers who are assigned to work in the café ·
Maintains awareness of inventory of all supplies and order as approved. ·
To maintain positive customer relations; communicate with customer in person, via telephone or e-mail
· 2 year Culinary Arts Diploma
· 1st Aid/CPR certification
· An appropriate combination of education and experience will be considered
· Experience in restaurant, catering, cooking and baking
· Clean driving record and a vehicle available on a daily basis
. Criminal Record Check
· This position requires significant physical activity (standing, walking, and lifting).
· Physical stamina to be able to work 8 hours in a fast paced environment.
· Able to lift/carry up to 20 kg may be required.
· This position spends most time in a kitchen/cafe environment including using a stove, oven, dishwasher, cooking utensils, fridge, coolers and freezers and other typical restaurant appliances and tools.
· Serving customers from the public.
Building FUTURES Employment Society
61 Glendale Ave
Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia B4C 3J4
Preferred Contact: Email