Career and employment supports
Whether you're a student, a recent graduate or a member of our established alumni community, we offer a variety of employment supports.
Prepare for employment
Get tips on how to stand out during your job search.
- Watch a variety of career advice webinars organized by our Alumni Relations team. View webinars
- Access career exploration resources, labour market information, job boards and apps, as well as tips for using social media and networking. View guide
- Explore your career options and learn about labour market trends.
Volunteer work is a great way to build your skills, add to your resume and make connections. Visit Volunteer Nova Scotia
Find or become a mentor
For students and new grads to be able to tap into the diverse expertise found within our alumni community, we've developed a support network. Join Career Link
LinkedIn is a social network specifically designed for career connections. Find NSCC on LinkedIn
Access entrepreneurship supports
We provide entrepreneurial awareness, skills development and resources to both students and grads. Learn more about NSCC Entrepreneurship
Learn about workplace diversity and inclusion
Access tools for a more inclusive workplace.
- Get resources and training from the Canadian Human Rights Commission. View resources
- Check out training provided by Status of Women Canada. Learn about the GBA+ course
- Access a toolkit for diversity and inclusion practitioners. View the Navigating race in Canadian workplaces toolkit (PDF 565KB)
Learn about employer funding
If you've got your eye on a job, approach the employer; funding programs can help cover your salary. Learn more
Be kind to yourself
- If you're a student or recent alum, take our non-credit Brightspace wellness course. Enrol in course
- Be mindful of your health and wellbeing during your job search. View 23 Resilience Building Tools and Exercises
Explore career supports in your region
Find organizations across the province offering cultural, career and employment supports. Learn more